In January 2024, I authored a series of Patreon articles offering insights into our latest VRAL machinima exhibitions. Now in its fourth season, VRAL showcases artists exploring the intersection of cinema, streaming, games, and video art. Through interviews and essays, our Patreon community gains access to the creative process underlying cutting edge video art projects. We peel back the curtain on the ideas and impacts energizing these works. Coinciding with our latest shows, VRAL #81 fand #82, featuring German duo Stefan Panhans + Andrea Winkler and Dutch filmmaker Bram Ruiter, I penned a few contribution to contextualize their works.
These pieces provide an in-depth look at his aesthetic influences, conceptual approach, and artistic evolution. The goal is to articulate the essence of their practice for an engaged audience looking beyond a single video work.
- A closer look at Bram Ruiter's Endless Sea
- Hauntological obsessions: on Bram Ruiter's Perpetual Spawning
- A closer look at Stefan Panhans and Andrea Winkler's À Rebours, MOD#I.1 part three
- A closer look at Stefan Panhans and Andrea Winkler's À Rebours, MOD#I.1 part two
- A closer look at Stefan Panhans and Andrea Winkler's À Rebours, MOD#I.1 part one