In October, I wrote a series of articles on Patreon that revolve around our machinima curated program known as VRAL, now in its fourth season. On Patreon, we share exclusive video essays, articles, insights, and behind-the-scenes details with our dedicated community. Our goal is to offer a unique glimpse into the minds of talented artists working at the intersection of cinema, streaming culture, video games and video art. These interviews, deep dives, and extra content are meant to illuminate their approach, aspirations, and the impact.
Here are some Patreon-exclusive articles related to our VRAL #76 exhibition (October 13-October 26 2023), Jordy Veenstra's Regression 4.
- The machinima of attractions. On Jordy Veenstra's Experience.
- Externalities. On Jordy Veenstra's Collateral Damage.
- The aesthetics of the zombie apocalypse. On Jordy Veenstra's DUSK.
- Why do zombies go to amusement parks? On Jordy Veenstra's ONRIDE
- A closer look at Jordy Veenstra's Regression 4 (this is also available as a video essay for Patreon members)
Also: don't forget to pick up a copy of VRAL S03 book. All Patrons can purchase a discounted copy. The book is available in print format only.