During the month of September, I wrote a series of contributions on Patreon that revolve around our machinima curated program known as VRAL, now in its fourth season. On Patreon, we share exclusive video essays, articles, insights, and behind-the-scenes details with our dedicated community. Our goal is to offer a unique glimpse into the minds of talented artists working at the intersection of cinema, streaming culture, video games and video art. These interviews, deep dives and extra content shed light on their artistic philosophies, aspirations, and the profound impact they hope to make through their creations.
Here are some Patreon-exclusive articles related to our VRAL #73 exhibition (August 25 - September 7 2023), Lullaby by Merlin Dutertre.
- The Influencers (2 of 2): Jonathan Vinel, Notre amour est assez puissant
- The Influencers (1 of 2): Jon Rafman, A Man Digging
- On Dutertre's Saule pleureur (2021) and its sequel, Saule pleureur 2: Le retour (2022)
- On Dutertre's Transparent (2021)
- On Dutertre's Les Fantômes Rêvent Aussi (2018)
Also: we recently released the VRAL S03 book and all Patrons can purchase a discounted copy. The book is available in print format only.
I would like to express my gratitude for making VRAL possible: your support allows us to be completely independent.