During the month of August, I shared a series of contributions on Patreon that revolve around our machinima curated program known as VRAL, now in its fourth season. On Patreon, we share exclusive video essays, articles, insights, and behind-the-scenes details with our dedicated community. Our goal is to offer a unique glimpse into the minds of talented artists and visionaries working with video games today at the intersection of cinema, streaming culture, and vide art . These interviews, deep dives and extra content shed light on their artistic philosophies, aspirations, and the profound impact they hope to make through their creations.
Here are some Patreon-exclusive articles related to our most recent shows and events:
- Welcome to the pasture (VRAL #72: Mikhail Maksimov)
- For a new kind of game to emerge, traditional games must die (VRAL #72: Mikhail Maksimov)
- Transhumanist Landscapes for the Anthropocene (VRAL #72: Mikhail Maksimov)
- On the "pseudoscience of digital physics" (VRAL #72: Mikhail Maksimov)
- Deer Hunting, Urban Flanerie, and Post-Human Gaming (on Brent Watanabe's San Andreas Deercam)
Also: we released the VRAL S03 book and Patrons can purchase a discounted copy. The book is available in print format only.
A huge thank you for making VRAL possible!